Monday 11 February 2013

New and old...


...so, next month I have two large Vintage Fairs to attend and for one of them I need to take my own chair. I was going to take one of my metalwork garden chairs - very shabby and rustic - but the size and weight of it (and the fact that it's still under snow) made me look around Ikea for a cheap and easy answer....so I got a simple white folding chair but wanted to 'French' it up  a bit. I hunted in my stash of paper pieces - more of this later in the post so stick with me -  and Modpodged a pretty French label on it (thanks to Karen at the Graphics Fairy yet again!). Then I remembered a pretty bolster cushion I made ages ago with one of Karen's images and hey presto!


a close up...



this is the 'new'...and now the aforementioned paper stash. This is the 'old' because I never showed you this before and I made it ages ago! I picked up this old deed box a while ago and put all my scraps inside to keep for another day - I can always find something that suits a project in here...


...I painted the inside with metal paint and used another of Karen's images to resemble an old document forgotten inside...


...a closer look at the ragged edges and ageing...


...and inside..lots of lovely images , vintage map of Paris etc all safely stored away - Voila!


...once again - useful and beautiful - and that's what it's all about!

3 comments:

  1. I love how your box turned out! A lovely idea to put the document in the bottom! Blessings from the US !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect old deed boxes and though I would not touch the outside, I love this idea for the inside. It would a pleasant surprise every time I opened the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic. You're so creative. Blessings, Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!