Sunday 8 September 2019

make do and mend



I picked up this chair in a sorry state, broken and battered, unloved and unwanted, 
but so unusual. A corner seat perfect for my hall

Scroll down for the reveal!




and here she is in all her new finery,
mended and refinished and, above all, useful again


next up, two very similar chests of drawers, again bought for a snip 
but I could see lots of potential and no mending needed which is always a bonus


so, after many coats of paint, wax, distressing etc. here they are


once again, restored and useful - what more could anyone want?


I took a quick mental wander through my home the other day 
and realised there is virtually nothing that is new, everything was rescued, 
lovingly restored and unique


I love the fact that I created so much myself, 
exactly as I wanted it. What a privilege

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!