Wednesday 6 August 2014

New 'tick' for my bird list.......


since we moved house last Christmas we have enjoyed having a larger garden and, in particular, having more bird life to enjoy...

We have Woodpeckers, Red Kites, Buzzards, Cormorants and Egrets and we're virtually overrun with baby Blue Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Goldfinches and Thrushes but today - fanfare please - a pair of Bullfinches arrived to gorge themselves on our Honeysuckle berries......




You can see from the male bird that they are looking a bit faded and scruffy as they are going through the moult after raising their babies all Summer.....


I've rarely seen a glimpse of them in the wild but, as I type, this gorgeous little bird is about two feet away outside my window. I know other people probably have dozens of them but, to me, this is ridiculously exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!