Sunday 19 July 2015

Delightful Dressing Table

I saw a reclaim yard the other day and couldn't resist popping in to take a look. Apart from a vintage canary singing cage (I'm into collecting singing cages at the moment), I found this lovely dressing table which has so many pretty features.


And here it is finished very simply in ASCP Old White, lightly distressed and given a coat of wax. Just recently I've been doing lots of labour intensive finishes but this was such a lovely little thing that I thought its features just spoke for themselves and I didn't need to 'gild the lily'!


I took it to my space at Afterglow of Olney today and hope that someone else will see its beauty too and it will go to a loving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!